Samurai Kanji, Inc.,
Personal Information Protection Policy
1. Samurai Kanji shall strictly abide by relevant legislation related to personal information protection, such as the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and obligations set forth in guidelines issued by the competent minister, in addition to the terms of this Policy when handling personal information (refers to any information about a living individual which can identify the specific individual, hereinafter same).
2. Samurai Kanji shall use personal data within the scope of the following purposes, except in cases in which the prior consent of the relevant person (“relevant person” is defined hereinafter as the specific individual identified by personal information) has been received in advance and in which the handling of said personal data is permitted as an exceptional case by the Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information and/or other applicable laws and ordinances
3. Samurai Kanji shall obtain personal information through lawful means only and shall, excluding cases provided by law as exceptions, publicly announce the purpose of use in advance, or notify the person of the purpose of use or publicly announce the purpose of use promptly after obtaining such information. However, when personal information is acquired from written documents directly from the relevant person, Samurai Kanji will expressly notify the person of the purpose of use in advance
4. Samurai Kanji shall endeavor to maintain the personal data handled ("personal data handled" is defined hereinafter as the personal information comprising a personal information database, etc. and "personal information database, etc." is defined hereinafter as a collection of information, including personal information, which is designated by government ordinance as something systematically structured so as to ensure easy retrievability of specific personal information, such as an electronic database or a Who's Who publication) so that it is accurate and up to date within the scope of the purposes of use, and shall take necessary/appropriate security measures in the supervision of employees and contractors in the handling of personal information.
5. Samurai Kanji shall not, excluding cases provided by law as exceptions, disclose or provide to third parties any personal data of the relevant person without their prior consent.
6. Samurai Kanji will respond to requests for the release or correction of personal data held by Samurai Kanji based on applicable law (excluding data which might harm public or other interests if its presence or absence is known and the data which will be erased within a period of no longer than six months).
7. Samurai Kanji shall promptly and appropriately deal with complaints regarding the handling of personal information and endeavor to develop an in-house framework for that purpose.
Public Announcement Issued in Accordance with the Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information
Business Operator Handling Personal Information
Samurai Kanji, Inc.
October 1, 2019
Samurai Kanji, Inc., hereby announces matters related to the purposes of use of obtained personal information and retained personal data, the provision of personal data to third parties, procedures regarding requests for disclosure, revision, etc., of retained personal data, and reception of complaints regarding the handling of personal information based on the Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information, Policy on the Protection of Personal Information (Cabinet decision), Enforcement ordinances for the Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information, and guidelines issued by the minister responsible for Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information.
Personal information related to employment management, such as the personal information of Samurai Kanji employees and others, does not fall under the provisions of this public announcement.
Matters Publicly Announced
Purposes of Use of Personal Information and Retained Personal Data
The purposes of use of the personal information obtained directly by Samurai Kanji from the relevant person through a means other than writing (including websites), personal information obtained indirectly in relation to the operations listed under i to vii.
Purpose of use
(ⅰ)To provide products and services in response to orders.
(ⅱ)To provide guidance/information on company products and services.
(ⅲ)To prepare questionnaires and surveys, in addition to statistical and marketing materials
(ⅳ)To use in research, planning, and development related to Samurai Kanji operations
(ⅴ)To outsource duties in the various processes (including the planning, development, production, marketing, sales promotion, sales, and delivery of products and services), and to request cooperation in operations monitoring
(ⅵ)To perform information management related to payments and billing as required by laws and regulations
(ⅶ)Other operations related to or incidental to the above items.
Note: Samurai Kanji shall, in principle, clearly state separately the purposes of use of personal information obtained directly from the principal in writing (including websites)